Drunk driving in any state or commonwealth is a serious offence. If a person has been a victim of a drunk driver, there is a strong possibility he or she has a personal injury case. An attorney in Northern Virginia who represents drunk driving cases will have won many cases for clients. Here are some things that those who believe they may also have a case in that part of the state need to be aware of:
* Drunk drivers continue to be a menace on the road in most states and commonwealths, including Virginia. If a person is a victim of a drunk driver, the drunk drivers’ insurance companies will fight hard to not pay.
* A drunk driving case is different than other cases. Those who are victims of a drunk driver usually have a lot of medical expenses, lost wages, physical injuries, and sometimes even, disabilities.
* Often, in a drunk driving case, proving the actual intoxication of the driver may not turn out to be as easy as it would appear. The insurance companies will go out of their way to deny that their client was at fault. It will take an attorney experienced in fighting cases of these types to fight back successfully.
* In Virginia, punitive damage law is in full effect. The victim is in a position to recover these type of damages, which are intended to punish the offender for his or her negligence.
* In 2012, there were 254 fatalities as a result of drunk driving, which was more than 34% of all total traffic deaths. This was a 21.5% increase from the previous year.
Dulaney Lauer & Thomas LLP are attorneys in Northern Virginia who have been providing legal solutions to clients for over 20 years, with a proven successful track record. They represent clients in fatal accidents, truck accidents, workers’ compensation, dog bite cases, uninsured motorists claims, motorcycle accidents, car accidents and related injuries, and of course, victims of drunk driving. If you have been the victim of a drunk driver and want to consult a lawyer experienced in drunk driving cases, visit the website of Dulaney, Lauer & Thomas at Dulaneylauerthomas.com.
Be the first to like.