Fines, jail time, loss of work, and more can all be the result of DUI and other driving under the influence charges. These kinds of charges can be costly and extremely detrimental to anyone’s personal and professional life. The fact is that you should always look to invest in the best defense that you can. Individual drivers facing drunk driving charges stand a better chance of getting minimized sentences when they hire drunk driving lawyers to help represent their cases in court.
The fact is that the better defense you have, the more positive your case outcome is likely to be. To learn more about DUI charges and choosing a drunk driving attorney in Kankakee, here is a quick guide for you.
Explained: DUI and Driving Under the Influence Charges
No matter if the charge is a DUI, DWI, or DWAI, drinking and driving is a violation of the law that puts millions of individuals in danger each year. If caught, you can face heavy penalties and charges. To test whether or not you are intoxicated, a police officer may pull you over to check your BAC (blood alcohol content or concentration).
If you are over the limit, you can be charged and you’ll need the help of a drunk driving attorney.
Most Common Penalties
Here are some of the most common DUI penalties:
- Serious Crash and Injury
- Jail Time
- License Suspension or Revocation
- Loss of Job
- Medical Expenses
- Increased Insurance Rates
Tips for Hiring a Drunk Driving Attorney
Here are a few things to keep in mind when searching for a Kankakee drunk driving attorney:
- Seek References: Check and ask for references. The more that you can learn about the experience of former and current clients, the better.
- Experience: Experience is important when doing a background check. Take into consideration education, law firms, and case history when choosing a drunk driving attorney.
- Fees: Always factor in affordability.
Be the first to like.